March 27, 2020 – The U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) granted the third round of exclusions for Chinese origin goods subject to Section 301 additional duties appearing on List 4A. The new exclusions are mainly for medical related products, covering five complete 10-digit Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) numbers, and seven specially prepared product descriptions, which together cover 36 separate exclusion requests.
These new exclusions will use HTS number 9903.88.44, and are effective September 1, 2019, through August 31, 2020, unless extended.
The five complete 10-digit excluded HTS are:
The seven specially prepared product descriptions are:
For HTS 3926.90.9990
- Coverings, of plastics, designed to fit over wound sites or casts thereby forming a protective seal for keeping the covered area dry and debris free while showering or bathing
- -Pouches of plastics, of a kind used with manually operated pill or tablet crushers to capture the powdered medicaments (described in statistical reporting number)
- Refillable dispensers of plastics, designed for mounting on a vertical wall, of a kind used to store and dispense emesis containment bags in medical settings
- Sterile urology drain bags of plastics, designed to fit over a urology table extension, with a flap extension that provides sterile separation of the patient from the table surface and directs fluids into and through a filter at the top of an attached drain hose leading to a collection container
For HTS 6307.90.9889:
- Ice bags of textile materials, for treating injuries or soreness, each refillable
- Identification wristbands of textile materials, each with a blank panel
For HTS 8517.62.0090:
- Apparatus suitable for wearing on the wrist, having time-display functions, each article having an accelerometer and being capable of displaying and transmitting data sent to it by a network (e.g., portable ADP unit, LAN or cellular network)
Refunds for duties previously paid, which are now excluded, may be applied for using a Post Summary Correction (PSC) for unliquidated entries; or a Protest for entries liquidated within the past 180 days.
Importers should contact their Livingston Service representative to request any applicable PSCs or Protests be filed.
If you have any questions regarding Section 301 Exclusions for List 4A Chinese origin products, Livingston can help! Please contact either your Livingston account manager or our regulatory affairs group at email@example.com