Global Affairs Canada is conducting consultations and seeking your input from industry on tariff rate quota (TRQs) for sugar-containing products for export to the United States (WTO-SCP) and the origin quota for high-sugar containing products for export to the European Union and its Members States (CETA-HSCP) administrative policies. Consultation now open and responses be submitted by June 10th, 2022.
In addition, interested stakeholders will have the opportunity to provide additional comments directly to the Non-Supply Managed Trade Controls division. If you are interested in taking part in a one-on-one meeting, direct your email to: TIN-Consultations@international.gc.ca before May 27th, 2022, indicating your availability between May 30th and June 8th, 2022.
Your comments and views required specifically on the administration of the WTO-SCP and CETA-HSCP quotas, including the allocation methodologies, the eligibility criteria and the return, the re-allocation and the under-utilization policies.
If you are unable to access the online questionnaire, please contact us for assistance at:
Non-supply managed trade controls (TIN)
Global Affairs Canada
111 Sussex Drive,
Ottawa ON K1A 0G2
Related information for US
1) Notice to exporters –Serial 183 – September 14, 2012- Sugar-Containing Products for Export to the United States (Item 520 on Canada’s Export Control List)
2) CUSMA Table of contents
3) WTO-SCP – Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) – Chapter 3 – Agriculture Annex 3A, 3.A.5, 2(a))
4) Notice to Exporters: Sugar-Containing Products for Export to the United States
Related information for EU
1) Origin Quotas (OQ) under the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)
2) Notice to exporters –Serial No. 214- October 2, 2018 – High-Sugar Containing Products for Export to the
European Union and its Member States (Item 5205 on Canada’s Export Control List)
3) CETA Table of contents
4) CETA-HSCP – Annex 5-A – Origin quotas and alternatives to the product-specific rules in annex 5
Notice to Exporters: High-Sugar Containing Products for Export to the European Union and its Member States