March 17, 2020 – The U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) extended eleven exclusions under Section 301 for China, that were set to expire on March 25, 2020. These exclusions, part of the second round of exclusions for List 1 products, will be in effect for another year.
The extended exclusions include 2 complete Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) numbers:
- 8412.21.0045, and
As well as the below 9 product specific descriptions:
- 8413.81.0040 – Breast pumps, whether or not with accessories or batteries
- 8421.21.0000 – Hand-held ultraviolet water purifiers, powered by batteries
- 8421.21.0000 – Machinery for filtering water, submersible, powered by batteries, manually operated, such machinery designed for use in pools, basins, aquariums, spas or similar contained bodies of water
- 8421.22.0000 – Filters designed to remove sulfites from wine
- 8421.99.0040 – Filter housings, covers, or couplings, the foregoing of steel and comprising parts of machinery or apparatus for filtering liquids
- 8431.49.9095 – Vulcanized rubber tracks, each incorporating cords and cleats of steel, designed for use on construction equipment
- 8471.70.6000 – Automated data processing storage units (other than magnetic disk drive unit), not assembled in cabinets for placing on a table or similar place, not presented with any other unit of a system
- 8501.10.4020 – Electric motors, AC, permanent split capacitor type, each in a housing with outside diameter of 84 mm or less, with output of 6 W or more but not exceeding 16 W
- 9027.90.5650 – Inoculator sets of plastics, each consisting of a plate with multiple wells, a display tray, and a lid; when assembled, the set measuring 105 mm or more but not exceeding 108 mm in width, 138 mm or more but not exceeding 140 mm in depth, and 6.5 mm or less in thickness
Twenty-two exclusions were not extended and will expire on March 25, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding Exclusions from Additional Duties under Section 301 for Chinese origin products, Livingston can help! Please contact either your Livingston account manager or our regulatory affairs group at firstname.lastname@example.org