We help clients get ready and guide them through the process of becoming Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) certified so they can take advantage of the benefits of the program.
We offer the following components:
- C-TPAT Program Application
- Supplier Validation
C-TPAT Program Application
Hundreds of companies have come to Livingston’s Consulting group for assistance in joining the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program. Our C-TPAT Program Application service helps U.S. importers with the assessment and application process to becoming an approved member. Our experts can help you prepare and apply for C-TPAT status with:
- A review of your current cargo securities policies and manuals, and assistance with revisions to meet the current guidelines.
- A security analysis of your facility, operations, and documentation in key areas of conveyance security, physical security, access controls, procedural security, manifest security, data protection, personnel security, and education and awareness training. Recommendations will be provided enabling you to address any gaps.
- Preparation of a security profile questionnaire describing your company’s security program.
- Guidance in submitting your security program application.
How you’ll benefit:
- Improve your company’s security levels to protect your goods and associated documentation.
- Enhance your reputation with customs authorities as a secure, low-risk company focusing on self-policing rather than customs verifications.
- Reduce inspections and quicker movement of low-risk goods through customs.
- Be eligible to apply to the Free and Secure Trade (FAST) expedited release program, pending Customs Self-Assessment (CSA) approval, and use of designated FAST lanes into Canada.
In order to comply with requirements, C-TPAT member companies need to implement a program to communicate with their suppliers about security activities within their supply chain.
In order to maintain membership in C-TPAT, U.S. Customs and Border Protection requires C-TPAT members have an ongoing process to obtain, store and validate data about their suppliers’ membership in C-TPAT, or in other countries’ programs. This can prove to be very labor-intensive. Livingston can help by communicating with your suppliers on your behalf to:
- Create a supplier database with contact information.
- Solicit suppliers for confirmation of their membership in C-TPAT, an equivalent World Customs Organization program or, alternatively, have the supplier complete and submit a security questionnaire based upon C-TPAT requirements.
- Contact and follow up communications with suppliers to get their responses within your required time-frame.
How you’ll benefit:
- Ensure that you are meeting the requirements to maintain your C-TPAT membership status.
- Know that security standards are being met by the business partners throughout your supply chain and that your goods and associated documentation are protected.
- Maintain your reputation with customs authorities as a secure, low-risk company benefiting from reduced inspections and quicker movement of low-risk goods through customs.