Taking advantage of reduced duty through free trade agreements, such as the USMCA or CETA, requires you to have a valid Certificate of Origin for all qualifying goods from each of your suppliers, each year. For importers with many unrelated vendors and a large tariff base, collecting and verifying certificates of origin can be an onerous task to take on within a short time frame each year.
Livingston can help—through our Trade Compliance Manager (TCM) platform, you’ll be presented with origin eligibility data in real time. TCM ensures data transparency by providing insight into solicitation status and supplier engagement. Livingston’s team of customs specialists will support you and your suppliers by:
- Soliciting origin eligibility data from suppliers.
- Following-up regularly on outstanding requests.
- Auditing supplier responses for accuracy and data integrity.
- Managing and maintaining a database of supplier and related product data
- Offering suppliers access to Trade Compliance Manager (TCM), enabling them to view and edit their product origin data.
How you’ll benefit:
- Take advantage of maximum savings by using preferential duty rates and know you can meet the regulatory obligations that come with them.
- Minimize your risk of financial penalties from non-compliance by meeting deadlines.
- Focus on your core business by removing the annual burden of collecting Certificates of Origin.