National Foreign Trade Information Service (SNICE)
On December 15th, this official letter was published on the National Foreign Trade Information Service (SNICE), through which the following considerations applicable to the automatic permit prior to exports of various steel goods are disclosed:
Automatic Prior Export Permit for Various Steel Goods
- Valid authorizations: You can use your permit in the terms in which it was issued, until the end of its validity. It is not necessary to request the reissue of the document according to the new tariff section.
- New Applications: Applications corresponding to the year 2021 must contain the new tariff section (TIGIE 2020), as well as the corresponding commercial identification number.
NOTE: In the “tariff section of the product to be exported” section, the generic section corresponding to 8 digits must be included, while the “NICO” section must specify the identification number corresponding to the merchandise to be exported.
- Closing of the Exports Window to any country, except the United States.
The last day to receive applications using the current tariff fractions is December 17, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Exports to the USA
- The last day to receive applications using the current tariff fractions is December 16, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
- Companies benefiting from the permits for standard tubes and mechanical tubing bound for the United States must return by December 17, 2020 at 6:00 p.m., those balances that they will not use in December of the current year.
- In case of return, the DGFCCE will open a period for receiving applications from 11:00 to 18:00 on December 18, 2020. Any request received before or after that time will not be considered as submitted.
- Any amount requested that is not used will be considered for the purposes of the authorizations for the January-June 2021 period.
Finally, the General Directorate for Trade Facilitation and Foreign Trade makes the Microsite available on the Portal for the National Foreign Trade Information Service (SNICE):
https://www.snice.gob.mx/cs/avi/snice /nuevaligie.instrumentacion.html with all the relevant information in this regard.
Read full article (Spanish)