Federal Official Gazette
On November 11th, the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation (SCT), published in the Federal Official Gazette (DOF) its institutional program, whose main objective is to promote coverage, access and use of postal, telecommunications and broadcasting services, under conditions that are achievable for the population, with emphasis on priority groups and those in vulnerable situations, to strengthen digital inclusion and technological development.
- Operation and control of the Mexican Satellite System (Control and Communications Centers)
- Offer of satellite communication services for National Security.
- Promotion and offer of satellite capacity services for social coverage (includes the Internet program for Everybody).
- Contribution to the issuance of national positions on telecommunications (Defense of 113W orbital positions assigned to Mexico).
Priority strategies and specific actions:
- The Telecommunications Mission of Mexico is aligned with the National Development Plan 2019-2024 with regard to economic and social development through the provision of comprehensive telecommunications, telegraphic and basic financial services, aimed at the care of unprotected social groups settled in popular urban areas and in remote rural areas, to the three levels of government and to individuals who require it, through service at the branch network windows, the use of wired and wireless communication infrastructure and technologies that facilitate inclusion digital and financial.
- Priority objective: Increase the offer of telecommunications, telegraph and basic financial services, through the development, reach exploitation and use of infrastructure and systems, to solve demands derived from the lack of digital and financial coverage that affects social groups excluded.
- Priority strategy: Promote the offer of digital and financial inclusion services in urban, remote and hard-to- popular areas in order to promote economic growth, social development and security.
This Agreement shall enter into force on the day of its publication in the Federal Official Gazette.
Read full article (Spanish).