Commission for Regulatory Improvement (CONAMER)
The purpose of this Draft Project is to establish the tariff fractions of the goods that are subject to regulation, by the Ministry of Culture, through the National Institute of Anthropology and History and the National Institute of Fine Arts, whose compliance must be accredited before the competent authorities, as well as replacing / repealing the Agreement that establishes the classification and codification of goods 2 considered historical or artistic monuments, the export of which is subject to prior export authorization from INAH or INBAL.
Non-Tariff Regulations and Restrictions:
• The goods classified in the tariff fractions listed in subsection a) “PRIOR EXPORT AUTHORIZATION” and b) “TEMPORARY EXPORT PERMIT” of Annex I of this Agreement, must comply with the regulation indicated in the Annex itself, issued by the National Institute of Anthropology and History, provided that they are destined for the permanent export and temporary export regimes.
• The corresponding regulation must be processed through the Digital Window (VUCEM) and transmitted in an electronic or digital document as an annex to the corresponding petition.
• The list of the fractions contained in articles 1 and 2 of the current RRNA Agreement, are replaced in the Draft by the now Annex I, paragraphs a) and b), with updated tariff fractions according to the recent modification to the LIGIE-TIGIE and include the correlation of the corresponding Commercial Identification Number (NICO).
• Documents that have been issued in accordance with the regulations that are abrogated by virtue of this instrument, will continue to be applied until their expiration in the terms in which they were issued, and may continue to be used for the purposes for which they were issued, provided that the description of the merchandise indicated in the corresponding document matches the merchandise presented to the customs authority.
• Regarding the correspondence between the tariff fractions, this will be in accordance with the Correlation Tables issued by the Ministry of Economy, between the tariff fractions in force until December 27, 2020 and those in force as of December 28, 2020.
VALIDITY: This Agreement will enter into force on December 28, 2020.
Read full article (Spanish).