Federal Official Gazette
On August 10th, the Secretariat of the Marine (SEMAR) published in the Federal Official Gazette (DOF), the aforementioned agreement, which has the objective of proposing and promoting research projects, technological development and innovation, reducing the technological dependence and high costs of foreign systems and equipment acquired by the Secretary of the Marine, to satisfy the institutional requirements of the Mexican Armed Force.
Moreover, a series of faculties that will be exercised by the Technological Research and Development Unit are listed, which corresponded to the Institute of Technological Research and Development of the Mexican Navy, among them are the following:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the execution of scientific research, technological development and innovation projects of the Secretary of the Navy;
- Promote the implementation of projects and technological development of the Secretariat,
- Propose science and technology projects in order to solve specific problems and needs
- Establish and maintain links with national and foreign institutions in the field of scientific research, technological development and innovation;
- Represent the Secretariat in technology committees, congresses, conferences and other events, carried out by national or international institutions, and
- Implement the applicable legal and administrative provisions to carry out adequate supervision of research, technological development and innovation projects.
Read full article (Spanish).