Secretariat of Economy
The General Directorate of Trade Facilitation and Foreign Trade (DGFCCE), dependent on the Secretariat of Economy (SE), released a series of offices in relation to the application of Official Mexican Standards (NOMs), the main purpose of the first office, consist in defining the bulk products not intended for the final consumer that are subject to compliance with NOM-024-SCFI-2013, in this regard the following relevant points are indicated:
• Bulk products are those that are in packaging for transportation purposes, which are capable of being weighed, counted or measured in the presence of the consumer at the time of sale, for that reason alone it is considered bulk product, and Therefore, it is outside the application of NOM-024-SCFI-2013.
• Based on the foregoing, the DGN interprets that NOM-024-SCFI-2013 is not applicable to spare parts, accessories and internal and external consumables, of electronic, electrical and household appliances that are intended to be sold in bulk.
• Merchandise that enters the national territory as bulk product is not subject to demonstrating compliance with NOM-024-SCFI-2013, since they are excluded from the scope of the NOM, likewise they will not be subject to the evaluation of compliance by an Inspection Unit.
• In order to carry out the customs operation, import of raw material, the identification code “EN” plus the corresponding complement “ENOM”, “U” or “E” must be declared in the petition.
Likewise, official letter 414 was announced. 2020.2930 Inputs- NOM-004-SCFI-2006 Commercial Information- labeling of textile products, clothing, accessories and home clothes, in this regard the following relevant points are highlighted:
• The DGN interprets that the inputs corresponding to the raw material, including the threads and / or filaments used for the manufacture or manufacture of textiles, home clothes and clothing and accessories, are not subject to compliance with the NOM-004-SCFI-2006.
Finally, the General Directorate of Trade Facilitation and Foreign Trade (DGFCCE) published official letter 414.2020.2941, Final Consumer- NOM-024-SCFI-2013 “Commercial information for packaging, instructions and guarantees of electronic, electrical and household appliances”, by which the following is reported:
• The DGN interprets that products not intended for the final consumer are not subject to compliance with NOM-024-SCFI-2013.
• For purposes of carrying out the customs and foreign trade operation, importers must declare in the petition the identifier code “EN” plus the corresponding complement “ENOM”, “U” or “E”, in accordance with the appendix 8 of Annex 22 of the RGCE.
Read full article (Spanish).