Norman G. Jensen, Inc. (NGJ) provided U.S. and Canadian customs brokerage, freight forwarding, warehousing, distribution and consulting services to thousands of North American importers and exporters for more than 75 years.
The Company’s unique combination of high level expertise, state of the art processing and customer friendly service was a trademark of each one of their services. They offered the most complete U.S./Canadian border coverage in the industry, combined with an impressive range of software solutions for small, medium and large importers and exporters.
Founded in 1937 in the border town of Portal, North Dakota, Norman G. Jensen, Inc. (NGJ) began by providing Canadian businesses with the service and expertise needed for shipping goods to the United States. A few years later, Gordon Jensen joined the company, and together the Jensen brothers put Norman G. Jensen, Inc. on the customs broker map — with offices along the Western U.S. and Canadian border.
NGJ delivered personalized attention on a global scale. Their staffed offices were located across the entire U.S./Canadian border, with Coastal and Inland ports at Los Angeles, CA; Seattle, WA; Salt Lake City, UT; Sioux Falls, SD; Minneapolis, MN; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; New York, NY,; and on the U.S./Mexico border at Laredo and El Paso, TX.
Norman G. Jensen, Inc. delivered cost-effective business solutions including:
- U.S. and Canadian Customs Brokerage
- Trade Consulting
- International Freight Forwarding
- Air, Ocean and Surface Transportation
- Insurance and Bonds
- Training and Seminars
- USDA meat inspection
NGJ assisted the importing/exporting community with Canadian and or U.S. customs inquiries and clearances; serving all main ports of entry and permit ports on the U.S./Canadian border from Blaine, Washington to Jackman, Maine; the U.S./Mexico border in Laredo, TX; and Canada. In addition, the Company also had two inspection facilities, in Portal and Pembina ND, where it carried out meat inspections to ensure that shipments met USDA guidelines.
INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT SERVICES
Jensen’s expertise included moving goods to and from foreign markets as quickly and cost effectively as possible. NGJ handled every facet of shipping and documentation required en route.
- Ocean Freight Forwarder – License issued by the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) since the 1940s. FMC #800NF
- International Air Transportation Association (IATA) air cargo agent
- Non Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC)
- Air and Ocean Freight Consolidation Services to and from all major cities in the world, including assistance with documentation and regulations, and cargo monitoring throughout all phases of transportation.
- Ocean Freight Less Than Container Load (LCL), Full Container Load (FCL), and consolidation services, oversize bulk shipments, providing our customers with the best rates, selection of frequent sailing schedules, and services to and from the Americas, Africa, Asia, Australia, and Europe.
- Air Freight and Ocean Freight
- Importer Security Filing (10 + 2) Services
Norman G Jensen, Inc.’s International Freight Services had partnerships with over 250 International Logistics Service Providers in over 75 countries around the world.
Their International Partners offered International Airfreight; International Seafreight; Customs Brokerage; Warehousing & Distribution; as well as other value-added Logistics Services.
NORTH AMERICAN LOGISTICS
In July 2008, Norman G. Jensen, Inc., and Jensen Customs Brokers Canada Inc. launched its North American Logistics division to respond to a growing demand for steadfast, dependable, and cost effective logistical solutions.
The North American Logistics division offered the following customized transportation solutions throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Full Truck Load
- Refrigerated/Temperature controlled shipments
- Flat Deck/Step Deck
In addition to these services, they offered value-added services such as tracking and tracing and cross-docking.
Managing the effective and timely movement of your goods to market requires an efficient, distribution network. NGJ created and managed warehouse programs customized to clients’ specific needs, including:
- Domestic and worldwide distribution
- Customs-bonded facilities
- Container loading and unloading
- Sorting, pick-and-pack and shrink wrapping services
- Returned goods management program
- Cross docking services
NGJ, had a full range of technology solutions to assist importers, exporters, and carriers efficiently and effectively manage their supply chain and to ensure consistent and compliant international transactions.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
For companies that already had their own computer systems and wanted to integrate with the NGJ Information Systems, NGJ offered a number of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) systems for conveying commercial documents by electronic means (customs documents, original bills of lading, commercial invoices, notifications of payment, purchase orders and manifests).
The NGJ Express suite of applications optimized business operations with electronic data transmission, instant document creation, instant access to archived product history, entry tracking, access to all electronic images of all documents, and much more. NGJ Express was a web-based application; there was no complicated software to install.
Headquarters: Minneapolis, MN (USA)
Area service: North America
- U.S. customs brokerage
- 24-hour border services
- Door-to-door import/export international freight forwarding
- NVOCC services
- Electronic data interface
- Compliance with Other Government Agencies
- Freight data reporting services
- Customs bonds
- Duty drawback
- Export documentation
- Cargo insurance
- Packing and containerization
- Export crating
- Warehousing and distribution
- Foreign Trade Zone entries
- Banking and letter of credit consultation
- USDA border meat inspection