Reporting to the Supervisor, Traffic, the successful candidate in this position will be responsible for expediting international traffic.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare traffic files and instructions for delivery orders and ensure that the Bill of Lading is provided.
· Confirm that Customs releases and steamship releases are obtained and trace late or lost freight.
· Verify supplementary charges prior to payment of invoices.
· Maintain superior working relationship with external and internal clients.
· Secondary School Diploma with a minimum of 1 year experience working in a traffic environment.
· Completion of CIFFA or equivalent industry experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to deal effectively with team members.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle large volume of work and meet tight deadlines.
· Good working knowledge of international Customs, billing and transportation policies and procedures.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
· Familiarity with credit policies, traffic and forwarding procedures would be a definite asset.
· Ability to resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
· Ability to negotiation storage terms.Apply Now