North America’s number one company focused on customs brokerage and trade compliance, Livingston International also offers consulting and global trade management services as well as international freight forwarding across North America and around the globe.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Livingston is a dominant customs broker along the U.S.-Canada border. Its U.S. headquarters and air/sea hub are located in Chicago, with regional centers in Los Angeles, New York and Norfolk. Livingston employs more than 3, 200 employees at over 100 key border points, sea ports, airports and other strategic locations across North America as well as in Europe and Asia.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Managed Services Border Source Department, the Cross Border Agent is responsible for the accurate processing of paperwork and shipment follow-up within a scheduled deadline. This position includes monitoring of numerous job specific computer programs, accurate data entry and timely communication with clients, brokers and shippers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor job specific computer programs for incoming documents and updates; make accurate notes as required
- Verify and index incoming paperwork and accurately key in information
- Verify paperwork to ensure all necessary data is present; follow-up with consignees, shippers and others via telephone, fax and or email as necessary
- Submit paperwork to the correct broker within timeframe to allow for Acceptance before ETA
- Action all client inquiries received via telephone, fax and/or email; escalate issues or concerns to appropriate point of contact
- Create northbound and/or southbound manifests upon request
- Follow up and follow through with all shipment requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with vendors and carrier contacts
- Support and work effectively in a team environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 6 months working experience preferably in a customer service / call centre environment
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Keyboard skills of 45 to 60 wpm
- Ability to use multiple computer applications simultaneously
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused problem solver – always looking for win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively in email and over the telephone
- High work standards – accuracy and thoroughness, with close attention to detail
- Strong team player, who is also able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible, able to work in a dynamic changing work environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and plan time to maximize efficiency
- Bilingual – French / English – a definite asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click Apply to complete the online application process.
Livingston is committed to providing a safe and productive workplace. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a credit and/or motor vehicle history.
Stay updated on Livingston-related news at http://livingstonintl.com.
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/livingston_intlApply Now