October 3, 2019 – The U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) granted new Exclusions from Section 301 additional duties on Chinese origin products, found on Lists 1 and 2.
- List 1: Eight Tranche of Exclusions, reflected in 92 specially prepared product descriptions, covering 129 separate exclusion requests.
- Effective Dates: July 6, 2018, through October , 2020.
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) number 9903.88.19 will be used for excluded products.
- List 2: Third Tranche of Exclusions reflected in 111 specially prepared product descriptions , covering 382 separate exclusion requests.
- Effective Dates: August 23, 2018, through October , 2020.
- HTS number 9903.88.20 will be used for excluded products.
Exclusions are available for any product that meets the description, regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request.
The USTR inadvertently announced on September 20, 2019 6 HTS exclusions , that were not subject to Section 301 for List 1 and 2. These have been removed from the published exclusion list.
Refunds for duties previously paid, which are now excluded, may be applied for using a Post Summary Correction (PSC) for unliquidated entries; or a Protest for entries liquidated within the past 180 days.
Importers should contact their Livingston Service representative to request any applicable PSCs or Protests be filed.
If you have any questions regarding Additional Section 301 Exclusions for List 1 and 2 products, Livingston can help! Please contact either your Livingston account manager or our regulatory affairs group at email@example.com