An Affidavit of Manufacture is used by U.S. importers as one of the supporting documents when importing U.S. or foreign origin goods returned to the U.S. under Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) subheading 9801.00.10.
Other 9801.00.10 supporting documents include:
- Foreign Shipper Declaration (used for both U.S. and foreign origin returning goods)
- Declaration of Owner, Importer, Consignee or Agent (used for both U.S. and foreign origin returning goods)
Acceptable proof of export from the U.S. for any origin goods include:
- Copy of entry into the foreign country
- U.S. export invoice, and bill of lading (BOL) or airway bill
- Automated Export System (AES) Internal Transaction Number (ITN) or AES filing exemption