November 7, 2019 – Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has updated the following sections of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations guidance document on licence requirements: Food business activities that require a licence under the Safe Foods for Canadians Regulations.
- 4.5 (Clarification of licence requirement when more than one food business, within the same province, is involved in making a food),
- 5.8.1 (Activities associated with growing and harvesting),
- 5.9.1 (Processing),
- 5.11 (Activities conducted by fishers),
- 5.11.1 (Package and label fish),
- Annex 1: Determination of licence requirement for activities conducted on fresh fruits or vegetables (FFV)
- Annex 2: Determination of licence requirement for activities conducted by fishers
Consult the CFIA’s guidance finder: food to search for the latest SFCR technical and regulatory information.
For more information on the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations, please visit www.inspection.gc.ca/SafeFood.