Re-investigations are an administrative proceeding conducted by CBSA to update values; establish normal values for new products or models subject to the measures in force; and establish normal values for new co-operative exporters.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), on March 17, 2023, concluded a re-investigation of the normal value and export prices of Chinese companies exporting goods subject to the Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG 1) and the Seamless Casing (SC) SIMA cases.
During the re-investigations, the following exporters submitted complete responses to the Requests for Information (RFI’s) sent out by CBSA. As such, normal values have been issued to the following exporters:
- Bohai Equipment Liaohe Thermal Recovery Machinery
- Changbao Group: Jiangsu Changbao Steel Tubulars Corporation, Jiangsu Changbao Steel Tube Co., Ltd., Jiangsu Changbao Precision Steel Tube Co., Ltd. (Changbao)
- Dalipal Pipe Company (Dalipal)
- Golden Ring Industrial Limited-Liability Company Liaohe Oilfield Panjin (Golden Ring)
- Huludao City Steel Pipe Industrial Co., Ltd. and Huludao Steel Pipe Technology Industrial Co., Ltd. (Huludao)
- Jiangsu Chengde Steel Tube Co., Ltd.
- Jingjiang Special Steel Co., Ltd. (Jingjiang Special Steel)
- Petrotex Oil & Gas Equipment Limited
- Shandong Continental Petroleum Equipment Co., Ltd. (Shandong Continental)
- Shandong Meshine Thermal Tech Co., Ltd. (Shandong Meshine)
- Shandong Molong Petroleum Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Yonglijinggong Petroleum Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Shengli Oilfield Shengji Petroleum Equipment Co., Ltd.
- TianJin TianGang Special Petroleum Pipe Manufacture Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin Pipe Corp, Tianjin Pipe Steel Trading Co., Ltd, and Tianjin Pipe Int’l Economic & Trading Corporation
- Vallourec Tianda (Anhui) Co., Ltd. (Vallourec Tianda)
- Zibo Freet Thermal Tech Co., Ltd.
If importers are using the services of a customs broker to clear importations, the brokerage firm should be advised that the goods are or are not subject to anti-dumping and countervailing duties and be provided with sufficient information necessary to clear the shipments.
Complete details regarding the re-investigation are available here.
Please contact your Livingston account representative should you have any questions.