April 1, 2020 – U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) created a webpage containing updates and announcements on the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The webpage contains both Trade and Travel announcements and advisories.
Trade announcements include COVID-19 related updates such as:
- Cargo System Messaging Service (CSMS) guidance on
- Entry summary payments
- FDA guidance on importing protective equipment
- Port closings
- Notice on the postponement of the Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) 2020 Seminar
- Notice on expectation in delays of the processing of binding ruling requests
- Regulatory Audits being conducted using social distancing
Useful links to other government agencies sites dealing with COVID-19 are also provided, such as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the White House Coronavirus Task Force, the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as CBP tweets.
Please note, this site serves as a central resource and does not replace official notices on government sites such as the Federal Register Notice, Customs Bulletin or Office of the Unites States Trade Representative.
If you have any questions regarding CBP updates due to the coronavirus, Livingston can help! Please contact either your Livingston account manager or our regulatory affairs group at firstname.lastname@example.org