June 1, 2020 – The U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) extended sixteen of eight-nine Section 301 exclusions applicable to Chinese origin products appearing on List 1, Tranche 5 which were due to expire on June 4, 2020.
Originally approved on June 4, 2019, they were effective for goods entered or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption on or after July 6, 2018, using exclusion Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) number 9903.88.10. The extended exclusions will use a new HTS, 9903.88.50 (unlike previous exclusion extensions, which continued to use the original exclusion HTS), and were extended through December 30, 2020.
The extended exclusions include:
HTS Exclusion Description
- 8404.40.4000 – Speed drive controllers for electric motors, each such controller measuring 100 mm or more but not over 130 mm in length, 40 mm or more but not over 125 mm in width and 24 mm or more but not over 85 mm in height
- 8413.50.0010 – Oil well and oil field crank-balanced, long-stroke and beam pumps
- 8413.70.2004 – Centrifugal pumps, submersible, other than for use with machines for making cellulosic pulp, paper or paperboard; the foregoing pumps rated not over 15 kW
- 8413.70.2004 – Submersible pump incorporating a magnetic drive motor
- 8413.70.2090 – Centrifugal pumps designed for eliminating condensate, the foregoing not elsewhere specified or included
- 8413.91.9010 – Housings for water pumps of subheading 8413.30.90
- 8419.19.0040 – Solar water heaters incorporating glass tube heat collectors and including glass tubes and stands with tanks
- 8419.90.3000 – Heat exchanger plates, cores, finned tubes, cones, shells, bonnets, flanges and baffles
- 8428.90.0290 – Garage door opener/closers
- 8430.10.0000 – Pile drivers, diesel powered
- 8431.39.0010 – Welded frames designed to support conveyor rollers
- 8483.90.8010 – Coupling covers, including center members, flanged hubs, sleeves and shoes
- 8501.53.8040 – AC multi-phase motors, each of an output exceeding 300 kW but not exceeding 310 kW, fitted with pulleys and brakes to raise and lower passenger elevators
- 8504.40.4000 – Regenerative speed drive controllers for controlling speed of electric motors for elevators
- 8529.90.9900 – Projector parts
- 9018.19.9560 – Disposable surface electrodes for intra-operative neuromonitoring (IONM) systems, each composed of a surface electrode pad, an insulated wire, and a standard DIN 42802 connector
Seventy-three exclusions will expire on June 4, 2020. Expired exclusions, when entered or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption on or after this date are no longer excluded and the 25% additional Section 301 duties are due.
If you have any questions regarding Section 301 Exclusions for Chinese origin products, Livingston can help! Please contact either your Livingston account manager or our regulatory affairs group at firstname.lastname@example.org