The U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) extended fourteen of sixty-nine Section 301 exclusions applicable to Chinese origin products appearing on List 2, Tranche 1, which expired on July 31, 2020.
Originally excluded using Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) 9903.88.12, the below extended exclusions will use HTS 9903.88.54, and be effective through December 31, 2020.
The extended exclusions include:
HTS Exclusion Description
- 3904.61.0090 -Polytetrafluoroethylene ((C2F4)n), having a particle size of 5 to 500 microns and a melting point of 315 to 329 degrees Celsius
- 3919.90.5060 -Polyethylene film, 20.32 to 198.12 cm in width, and 30.5 to 2000.5 m in length, coated on one side with solvent acrylic adhesive, clear or in transparent colors, whether or not printed, in rolls
- 3920.10.0000 -Rectangular sheets of high-density or low-density polyethylene, 111.75 cm to 215.9 cm in width, and 152.4 cm to 304.8 cm in length, with a sticker attached to mark the center of each sheet, of a kind used in hospital or surgery center operating rooms
- 8407.90.9010 -Gasoline or liquid propane (LP) engines each having a displacement of more than 2 liters but not more than 2.5 liters
- 8424.89.9000 -Dispensers of hand-cleaning or hand-sanitizing solutions, whether employing a manual pump or a proximity-detecting battery-operated pump, each article weighing not more than 3 kg
- 8432.29.0060 -Walk behind rotary tillers, electric powered, individually weighing less than 14 kg
- 8501.10.6020 -AC motors, of 18.65 W or more but not exceeding 37.5 W, each with attached actuators, crankshafts or gears
- 8543.70.4500 -Position or speed sensors for motor vehicle transmission systems, each valued not over $12
- 8543.70.4500 -Wheel speed sensors for anti-lock motor vehicle braking systems, each valued not over $12
- 8543.70.9960 -Apparatus using passive infrared detection sensors designed for turning lights on and off
- 8543.70.9960 -Liquid leak detectors
- 8543.70.9960 -Robots, programmable, measuring not more than 40 cm high by 22 cm wide by 27 cm deep, incorporating an LCD display, camera and microphone but without “hands” (13)
- 8711.10.0000 -Motorcycles (including mopeds), with reciprocating internal combustion piston engine of a cylinder capacity not exceeding 50 cc, valued not over $500 each
- 9025.19.8040 prior to July 1, 2020 / 9025.19.8010 or 9025.19.8020 effective July 1, 2020 -Digital clinical thermometers
Fifty-five exclusions expired, with entries as of July 31, 2020, or thereafter, subject to the 25% additional Section 301 duties, using HTS 9803.88.02.
If you have any questions regarding Section 301 Exclusions for Chinese origin products, Livingston can help! Please contact either your Livingston account manager or our regulatory affairs group at firstname.lastname@example.org