Latest Trade News.
International Freight Forwarding Coordinator
Reporting to the Senior Manager – International Freight Forwarding, the successful candidate in this position will be responsible for the coordination of international transportation services. You will act as the primary contact with the clients, vendors and third parties on shipment requirements. You will also work closely with the Canadian Customs Brokerage Client Service department and Account Management teams in providing support to all other Livingston internal departments and divisions.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine best route for shipping of goods and liaise with clients, vendors and third parties to ensure shipments meet client requirements and delivered on a timely basis
- Co-ordinate work with other departments to ensure operating efficiency
- Maintain and update client files, shipment files and carrier information and rates as required
- Schedule the movement of shipments with carriers (via truck, ocean and air) to the assigned origin and/or destination points and follow up to ensure timely arrival
- Negotiate rates, develop and maintain an excellent relationship with the vendors and carrier contacts and ensure they are reliable, available and legitimate
- Invoice shipments in a timely manner based on the agreed and negotiated tariffs and ensure all paperwork is completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner
- Proactively minimize transportation and logistics issues while maintaining professionalism and superior customer service
- Post-Secondary Education in transportation related courses
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the transportation logistics industry
- Enrollment or completion of CITT or CIFFA would be a definite asset
- Solid knowledge of transportation procedures and policies as well as International ocean/air transportation documentation requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet etc.
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, plan time to maximize efficiencies
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer focused problem solver with the ability to recognize and resolve issues and make effective recommendations
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Accuracy and thoroughness with great attention to detail
The above is a brief overview of responsibilities for this position. For a complete list of responsibilities, please refer to Position Descriptions on Peoplenet.
For courtesy reasons, all interested internal applicants may wish to discuss their intent to apply with their immediate supervisor at the time they submit their résumé. Applicants must have completed 6 months in their current position, including the appropriate probation period.
If you know of someone interested in this position, please forward their resume to the contact below. Referrals must be accompanied by a resume and a completed Employee Referral Form quoting the reference number above.
Those interested in applying for this position are asked to forward an updated résumé by the close date to: Anna Corasaniti Email: email@example.com. Only those candidates who will be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Livingston is committed to providing a safe and productive workplace. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a credit and/or motor vehicle history.