Latest Trade News.
DISPATCHER, VEHICLE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Reporting to the Dispatch Supervisor, this position is responsible for dispatching drivers for local and long haul pick-ups and deliveries; working with the Fleet Department to ensure all units are up to date with maintenance schedules and the appropriate permits; and participating in daily conference calls to ensure all trucks are being utilized in the most timely and cost effective manner.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dispatch local and long haul in Canada and the US
- Arrange timely and safe movement of customer vehicles throughout the region
- Manage driver activity to ensure efficient use of resources and the highest level service
- Coordinate driver activity with yard staff to maximize efficiency in building rails
- Work with the Fleet Department to ensure that equipment is properly maintained on schedule and all regulatory requirements are being met
- Coordinate paperwork flow to ensure efficient border crossings
- Arrange non-runner and expedited loads with other branches; coordinate back haul as needed
- Keep operations manager abreast of problems and escalates issues where necessary
- Build relationships with customers (manufacturers, auctions etc.) to ensure long-term loyalty and provide an opportunity to solicit additional business
- Participate in and lead special projects as assigned
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma with 5 years trucking and dispatch experience
- Geographical knowledge of Canada and the US
- Strong customer service focus and flexibility in dealing with diverse customer scenarios
- Highly organized, with ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and meet tight deadlines
- Analytical problem solving ability, with proven ability to resolve problems with win-win solutions
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills – ability to partner effectively with operations, company drivers and owner-operators, and clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-managing – ability to work independently
- Technically savvy – Microsoft Office, dispatch software, etc.
Livingston International is committed to providing a safe and productive workplace. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a credit and/or motor vehicle history.
If you wish to be part of our exciting team, please forward your resume to Careers@livingstonintl.com