Reporting to the Director, Business Development, the successful candidate in this position will be responsible for prospecting and identifying sales opportunities and growing the business in a designated geographic area. The individual will actively target companies by telephone whose transactional potential is a maximum of 200 entries/shipments per year.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish segment strategies in cooperation with the Director and aligned Business Development Executive and set goals and priorities in accordance with the identified segment strategy.
- Identify and qualify prospects and sales opportunities within the designated markets and enter information into the system.
- Set appointments with clients and plan sales contact approach and objective by determining scope. Identify appropriate follow-up when required.
- Sell customer-specific solutions by planning effective sales calls and proposal and qualify client needs through effective probing techniques. Minimize emphasis on rates through effective supporting statements and present solutions in the contexts of features, benefits and advantages. Create client needs assessment and negotiate alternatives that will reach an outcome that will benefit all stakeholders involved.
- Ensure proper implementation of new business by partnering with internal resources to best meet client needs. Transition relationship to the service delivery team in a seamless manner.
- Post -Secondary Education with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a sales environment.
- Previous “cold calling” experience with a proven track record of successful lead generation would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong client service and presentation skills.
- Strong sales ability, persuasiveness and judgment skills with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong project management and collaborative skills with the ability to work closely with all sales staff and other internal support teams across the company.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM programs).
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a fast paced environment.
Livingston International is committed to providing a safe and productive workplace. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a credit and/or motor vehicle history.