Reporting to the Director, Business Development, the successful candidate in this position will be responsible for prospecting and identifying sales opportunities and growing the business in a designated geographic area. The individual will actively target companies by telephone whose transactional potential is a maximum of 200 entries/shipments per year.
THIS POSITION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Identifying and qualifying prospects and sales opportunities in designated markets.
- Collaborating with outside sales and marketing.
- Occasional Outside prospecting with outside sale professional may be required.
- Conduct sales appointments & presentations over the phone with potential customers
- Onboarding of new customers and setup of new Livingston accounts.
- Liaison with other departments and sales staff to seamlessly implement new contracts.
- Keeping records in a database of all prospects and maintain record of all phases of activities.
- Learning and understanding Livingston’s sales process, services, and products.
QUALIFICATONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2-5 years of inside sales / hunter / new business experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience (customs brokerage, freight forwarding, or logistics)
- Previous “cold calling” experience with a proven track record of successful lead generation would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong client service and presentation skills.
- Proven track record in a quota carrying role.
- Salesforce experience preferred
Livingston International is committed to providing a safe and productive workplace. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a credit and/or motor vehicle history.Apply Now