Reporting to the Project Coordinator or Project Manager, this position acts as a member of the project team. This position provides technical support in the areas of research, case preparation and project completion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches and responds to requests for complex information in a professional manner.
- Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of information received from clients/consultants.
- Required to perform complex classification for goods in all industries.
- Responsible for validating NAFTA documentation.
- Conduct analysis on client tariff database and make recommendations to Project Coordinator or Project Manager.
- Liaises with appropriate government departments with regards to case presentation and backup documentation.
- Assists in the preparation of briefs, cases and presentations for consultants.
- Prioritizes and completes work according to project demands, customs requirements and Livingston standards.
- Excellent knowledge of the Harmonized System of Classification, NAFTA and Customs Regulations.
- Required to provide on-the-job training for the less experienced members of the team, including Customs Specialist, Customs Analysts and Consulting Clerks.
- Participates fully with other team members in the day-to-day operation of the team, including setting priorities, organizing and scheduling work, coordinating with others, problem solving and decision making, participating in meetings and handling projects.
- Acts as Lead Hand in the absence of the Project Coordinator or Project Manager.
- May be responsible for the management of small projects or portions thereof, i.e. Classification, Valuation or NAFTA.
- Other duties or projects as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma with 3 to 5 years’ experience in a Customs service environment
- Successful completion of CSCB or customs-related community college program.
- Three (3) years’ experience, preferably in a customs environment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge of customs regulations.
- Ability to reflect a professional company image
- Demonstrated client service orientation
- Analytical problem solving ability, with flexibility in dealing with diverse customer scenarios
- Team player, with exceptional interpersonal with the ability to partner effectively with the team and business partners
- Highly organized and accurate, with ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to process large amounts of information accurately
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations within authorized limits prescribed
- Technically savvy – strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word., Outlook), internet, and business equipment
- Bilingual (French/English) would be a definite asset