- ID: 60483
- Posted: July 4, 2018
- State/Province: Alberta|Manitoba
- Country: Canada
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 100 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Regional Manager Client Service, this position will be the primary point of contact for responding to client inquiries and issues. This includes resolving all inquiries and issues and identifying root causes to ensure permanent resolution for assigned Clients. Provides secondary support for other Service Coordinators in their local “pool”.
- Provide the single point of contact for assigned clients.
- Maintain and monitor the relationship with our clients, continuously assessing strengths, weaknesses, up-sell opportunities and threats. Share this information with the MSD/CSM in order to strengthen our client relationships.
- Ensure clients are completely satisfied with the response and resolution to their inquiries and complaints.
- Research, respond and resolve complex client inquiries and issues such as information on import permits, refunds/amends, duty and tax calculations and NAFTA, etc.
- Research, respond and resolve general inquiries such as how to complete import documentation, classification, billing/invoice, providing release information and other general questions.
- Respond to client issues and opportunities for improvement, including but not limited to: incorrect HS classification, slow release, incorrect billing codes or other invoicing concerns, missing paperwork, client process improvement needs.
- Process credits/rebills & determine write off/collection issues within prescribed guidelines and process B2 refunds or amends
- Maintain up to date client and contact information with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proactively provide client with Livingston information based on needs identified during reactive client contacts.
- Report client issues or concerns back to respective MSD and/orCSM or appropriate Livingston department and work collaboratively to resolve to the client’s satisfaction.
- Ensure that issues are resolved at “root cause” and communicate resolution to the client and follow-up to ensure service improvement
- Recognize when issues have not been resolved to client satisfaction and escalates matters as appropriate.
- Identify and action up-sell opportunities for other LII solutions and/or inform CSM to follow-up on the lead.
- Handle Trade Compliance verification (audits)
- Complete name change and provide credit application requests when necessary.
- Attend face-to-face client meetings as required and may be required to conduct client exit interviews.
- Document all client interactions in Salesforce.com.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum education required:
- Post Secondary Education
Minimum experience required:
- A minimum of 2 years’ progressive client relationship management experience. A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Import Analyst or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of CCS, or Livingston Professional Preparation Program, or equivalent.
- Plus 6 months on-the-job training.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior client service aptitude.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and must be comfortable interacting with both internal and external clients
- Good problem solving, judgement, analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong initiative skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Good cross-functional, “team” player.
- A solid foundation of operating systems knowledge.
- Customs brokerage experience (IA-level or equivalent experience).
- Proficient in Windows-based applications.
- Knowledge of Canada Customs and OGD requirements, procedures and regulations. Knowledge of US Customs and OGA requirements, procedures, and regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Schedule and regulations required.
- Be familiar with industry related websites to search for information to provide to clients (CRA, CFIA, RIV, etc.)
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.Apply Now