North America’s number one company focused on customs brokerage and trade compliance, Livingston International also offers consulting and global trade management services as well as international freight forwarding across North America and around the globe.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Livingston is a dominant customs broker along the U.S.-Canada border. Its U.S. headquarters and air/sea hub are located in Chicago, with regional centers in Los Angeles, New York and Norfolk. Livingston employs more than 3, 200 employees at over 100 key border points, sea ports, airports and other strategic locations across North America as well as in Europe and Asia.
Reporting to the manager, this position is responsible for handling incoming calls, responding to e-mail requests, and ensuring that customer inquiries are answered in a timely fashion. You will make every effort to secure additional business, identify potential sales leads and work with Sales to qualify the leads and maximize order retention.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide accurate pricing to dealers, movers, and private customers as required
- Respond to Internet quote requests and follow-up with customers to secure the business
- Answer all customer inquiries relating to vehicle transportation services, transit times, service parameters, etc.
- Handle customer track and trace inquiries and provide them with accurate and timely information
- Provide customers with viable solutions regarding their claims issues
- Achieve all measurable daily performance standards as outlined and established
- Place outbound calls to customers to proactively inform them of any service/rail delays
- Receive, process, and input orders into the system accurately
- Adhere to LII Business Code of Ethics, policies, and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Secondary School graduation and minimum
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a service environment
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proven customer service focus and flexibility in dealing with diverse customer scenarios
- Previous exposure to and experience in the transportation industry would be preferred
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group, within a call centre environment.
- Excellent organization skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Minimum keyboard speed of 45 to 60 wpm
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click Apply to complete the online application process.
Livingston is committed to providing a safe and productive workplace. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a credit and/or motor vehicle history.
Stay updated on Livingston-related news at http://livingstonintl.com.
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/livingston_intlApply Now