North America’s number one company focused on customs brokerage and trade compliance, Livingston International also offers consulting and global trade management services as well as international freight forwarding across North America and around the globe.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Livingston is a dominant customs broker along the U.S.-Canada border. Its U.S. headquarters and air/sea hub are located in Chicago, with regional centers in Los Angeles, New York and Norfolk. Livingston employs more than 3, 200 employees at over 100 key border points, sea ports, airports and other strategic locations across North America as well as in Europe and Asia.
Reporting to the Director, Business Development, the successful candidate in this position will be responsible for proactively securing new business and ultimately gain market share and profitability in the assigned territory. This would include: executing prescribed sales strategies; generating new business; building business relationships; and meeting or exceeding sales targets.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a strategic territory plan (within a pre-defined geographic territory) which will include the identification of high to medium potential accounts
- Proactively conduct thorough needs assessments of prospects identify new opportunities to introduce Livingston’s freight services and solutions
- Set up client meetings to identify and close new business opportunities
- Implement new business in collaboration with operations and ensure proper communication among all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain business relationship with new clients
- Liaise other departments to ensure effective communication of clients’ issues (e.g. pricing, solutions, financials, etc.) and refer additional business opportunities if iappropriate
- Achieve or exceed sales targets as assigned by Director, Business Development
- Post-Secondary Education, with a minimum of 5 years progressive freight sales experience (non-asset based preferred)
- Track record for consistently achieving or exceeding sales quotas
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High initiative, self-motivated and results oriented
- Working knowledge of CRM (e.g. salesforce.com)
- Ability to travel periodically to meet with the clients
Stay updated on Livingston-related news at http://livingstonintl.com.
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/livingston_intlApply Now